Air Gun Safety Rules:
Air Guns and Airsoft Guns are not toys.
They are recommended for adult use only and by youth under adult supervision.
Misuse or careless use may cause serious injury or death.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. There are several safe "carries" depending on the situation.
- Treat every gun as if it were loaded. Never point at anything you do not intend to shoot. Always treat the Air Gun as though it is loaded. Always keep the Air Gun on safe until you are ready to shoot.
- Only load or cock a gun prior to shooting. A loaded gun has no place in your home or other place.
- Check your target and beyond your target. Always aim in a SAFE DIRECTION. Always keep the muzzle of the Air Gun pointed in a SAFE DIRECTION.
- Anyone shooting or near a shooter should wear safety glasses.
- All persons near a shooter should remain behind the shooter and direction of muzzle.
- Never climb or jump with a gun. You can't control the direction of the muzzle if you stumble or fall. You should safely lay down the gun or hand it to a companion while you climb or jump over anything.
- Avoid ricochet. Do not shoot at hard surfaces or at the surface of water. The pellet may bounce off or ricochet and hit someone or something you had not intended to hit.
- Keep the muzzle clear. Never let anything obstruct the muzzle of a gun. Don't allow the muzzle to come in contact with the ground.
- Guns not in use should always be unloaded. Store Air Gun in a secure location. Before you store your Air Gun, remove the clip, make sure there is no ammo in the chamber and make sure the gun is uncocked.
- If the Air Gun or Airsoft Gun is a PCP (Pre-charged Pneumatic) you must store the Gun with at least 75% or more, of the operational pressure to keep the seals and o-rings from drying out.
- Never brandish your Air Gun or Airsoft Gun in public. Do not brandish or display any gun in public - it may confuse people and may be a crime.
Police and others may think it is a firearm.
Do not change the coloration and markings to make it look more like a firearm.
That is dangerous and may be a crime.